The 48th Annual TSRC State Convention and Exhibition
"TSRC - Taking it to the Next Level"
July 8-10, 2019
Waco Convention Center, Waco, Texas.
Registration is currently open! CLICK HERE to Register.
Speaker RFPs can be submitted HERE
Exhibitor Information and Registration
Student Participation Packet
What's Being Planned
Monday, July 8, 2019
We have 3 pre-conference workshops being planned. Registration to the workshops are separate from the State Convention and will offer 6 hours of CE.
Online registration for the each workshop is currently open and will close on June 17, 2019. Onsite registration will be made available if room is available, so register early. Onsite registration and early registration Check-in will begin at 9:00AM. Workshops will begin promptly at 10:00AM. We will break for lunch at noon and resume the workshop at 1:30. Lunch will be on your own. We will provide coffee, tea, water and a limited amount of sodas through out the day and light snacks in the afternoon.
- NBRC TMC Exam Prep Workshop - this workshop is designed to assist individuals in preparing to challenge the new NBRC TMC Board Exam. Participants in the workshop will leave with a better understanding of board exam test taking and board exam content. Attendees can range from new grads who have not yet taken the exam or have had difficulty passing it or current credentialed practitioners wishing to challenge the exam to become registry eligible. Our mission is to assist those in our profession looking to advance their career and holding the RRT credential designation is just one step in doing so.
- Management Workshop - this workshop is designed to assist current respiratory therapy department directors/managers with understanding challenging issues of running a department in today's healthcare setting. Specific subjects that will be addressed are still being developed. If there is something you would like to see presented, please share your thoughts with us. After the workshop, we invite all managers to the "Meet the Managers" reception in the exhibit hall to get one-on-one time with the vendors. Food and beverages will be offered during the reception.
- Vascular Access Workshop - this workshop is designed to provide the attendees information on performing vascular access and hands-on practice and demonstration of the different procedures. We feel offering information and demonstration in this area is just one way we can assist in expanding the respiratory therapists' scope of practice within the health care setting.
Tuesday July 9, 2019
Tuesday will be the official start of the 48th Annual TSRC Convention and Exhibition. Online registration for the 2 day event is currently open and will close on June 17, 2019. Onsite registration will be available for an additional $30 fee, so register early. Onsite registration and early registration check-in will begin at 6:00AM. Opening Keynote Presentation will begin promptly at 8:00AM. Following the Keynote Presentation will be the Grand Opening of the exhibit hall for breakfast and vendor hall activities. We encourage you to go by the different vendor booths and take information back to your schools, hospitals or other places of employment. Industrial support of this event allows us hold our event in a nice venue, provide food and refreshments and keep registration fees down. Your attendance in the vendor hall and you stopping at the booths to check out the products and services offered goes a long way with keeping their support. The exhibit hall will close at 10:30AM and presentations will resume until we break for lunch. Lunch will break at 12:30PM and will be "on your own" to give you a chance to explore downtown Waco and pick from one of the many restaurants and food trucks in the near by vicinity. The vendor hall will be open during the lunch break so if you need additional time with a specific vendor, please feel free to go back through. We will resume presentations at 2:00PM. The afternoon presentations will be broken in to 3 different learning tracks.
The tracks include:
- General Respiratory Care - these presentations will be geared towards topics in general respiratory care or may be overflow presentations from other specific tracks. There will be a 2 hour Medical Ethics block given in this education track. As you may know, the Texas Medical Board, the governing body for respiratory care practitioners licensing, has mandated all respiratory care practitioners have 2 hours of Medical Ethics every bi-annual licensing period. The TRSC has committed to ensure respiratory care practitioners have these 2 hours available all throughout the year.
- COPD Management - this track will be a workshop-style presentation track as there will be both lecture and hands on portions of different aspects in the disease management of COPD. Presentation topics could include 2019 GOLD Guidelines for COPD Management, office-based spirometry, current COPD medication overview and device training, pulmonary rehab among others. The goal of this track is to help you understand the complexity of managing patients with COPD in all healthcare settings and how you can make a difference in the quality of life of these patients.
- Adult Critical Care - these presentations will be geared to the more complex modalities of care to fulfill the continuing education requirements for the NBRC Continuing Competency Program for the maintaining the ACCS credential. RFP submissions will be evaluated to ensure the content presented fits the CCP criteria for continuing education.
We expect the day to end at 4:30PM. One day attendees will receive their CE certificate at the designated area.
We will also be hosting the 2019 Texas Sputum Bowl Competition. For more information on that event, please CLICK HERE.
This year, the TSRC will be partnering with the Respiratory Care Foundation of Texas to offer a fun, evening event while raising finds for the RCFT Scholarship Fund. This event will begin at 7:00PM and will end at 10:00PM. For more information on the 2019 "No Experience Required" RCFT Benefit Bowling Tournament, please CLICK HERE.
Wednesday July 10, 2019
Onsite registration and early registration check-in will begin at 6:00AM. Opening Keynote Presentation will begin promptly at 8:00AM. Following the Keynote Presentation, we will adjourn and proceed back to the exhibit hall for breakfast and more vendor hall activities. The exhibit hall will close at 10:30AM and presentations will resume until we break for lunch. Lunch will break at 12:30PM at which time we will provide a hot lunch and hold the annual business meeting and awards ceremony. We will resume presentations at 2:00PM. The afternoon presentations will again be broken in to 3 different learning tracks.
The tracks include:
- General Respiratory Care - these presentations will be geared towards topics in general respiratory care or may be overflow presentations from other specific tracks. There will again be a 2 hour Medical Ethics block given in this education track.
- Neonatal & Pediatrics - these presentations will be geared to the more complex modalities of care to fulfill the continuing education requirements for the NBRC Continuing Competency Program for the maintaining the NPS credential. RFP submissions will be evaluated to ensure the content presented fits the CCP criteria for continuing education.
- Student Enrichment - these presentations will be geared towards current students of a respiratory care educational program that have not graduated or obtained a professional credential. These could include round-table discussions, formal presentations, or hands-on activities. Presentations in this track will not be awarded continuing education credit.
We expect the day to end at 4:30PM. One day attendees and 2 day attendees will receive their CE certificate at the designated area.
Requirements to Receiving Continuing Education Credits
- One of the core values of the TSRC is to offer high quality and relevant continuing education to all respiratory therapists regardless of membership affiliation. In order to be eligible to receive continuing education credits from this event the follow criteria must be met:
- Sign the daily check in roster at the beginning of the day
- Attend the presentations
- Complete and submit a presentation evaluation for each presentation you attended. There will be a maximum of 6 hours of continuing education credits available per day.
- If you are an AARC member and would like your credits reported on your AARC transcript, please make sure to put provide us with your AARC number on your registration form AND your presentation evaluation form. Failure to provide your AARC number will result in not having your credits automatically reported on your AARC transcript.
About the Venue and Area
Located on I-35 between Dallas/Fort Worth and Austin, Waco marks the population center of the state of Texas. Not many other locations can boast to being within a 3-hour drive of 80 percent of the state, making it the most convenient spot for any Texas convention.
The Waco Convention Center is just blocks from I-35, minutes from Waco Regional Airport, and within walking distance of great restaurants, quality shopping, world-class attractions and many entertainment options. Affordable accommodations are never far away. There are 1,000 convention-quality hotel rooms within a one-mile radius of the Waco Convention Center, 4,200 in greater Waco.
The Silo District Downtown Trolley and the DASH (Downtown Area Shuttle) are FREE shuttles designed to make getting around Downtown Waco fast and convenient! The routes make it easy to get to Waco’s most popular shopping, dining and art venues in the downtown area. Both routes have stops along the route but are FLAG-STOP routes, meaning you can catch the bus at any safe location along the route by making eye contact with the driver and simply waving your arm.
Silo District Trolley – Runs every 20 minutes, Monday through Saturday, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. The pick up location closest to the Convention Center is located right across Franklin Avenue at 2nd and Franklin. Click here for a tracker and map of the route.
CLICK HERE for the Waco Visitor Guide
Host Hotel Information
A block of rooms has been reserved for July 7, 2019 - July 10, 2019 at the Hilton Waco Hotel, next to the Waco Convention Center. The special room rate will be available until June 7th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. Please book your rooms early to ensure a room is available. Use the link below to book your room online. If you have any issues booking your room, please contact Brianna Reinke, Sales Coordinator, at the Hilton Waco Hotel at 254-759-5516. Let her know you are trying to book a room in the TSRC room block.
Waco Hilton Hotel
113 South University Parks Drive
Waco, Texas 76701
Room Rates are:
2 Queen Deluxe Room: $155/night
1 King Deluxe Room with Sofa: $155/night
CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR ROOM