TSRC President Mary Hart has announced that the TSRC has established an annual “Tommy Rust, M.Ed. RRT, RCP, FAARC Award.” The award is to be used to develop an educational program or project. Examples include clinical or lab simulation education, practice protocols or guidelines, interprofessional team development, tobacco cessation program spirometry in PCP office, asthma programs, recruitment materials, leadership program development, clinical simulation questions, community projects, etc.
- Award is open to all current Texas Licensed RCPs.
- Only one award of $2000 is given annually.
- Awardee will receive the award of $2000 and free registration to the 2021 TSRC Annual Conference and Exhibition.
- Submit online.
- Current Texas Licensed RCPs who are AARC / TSRC members.
- Must be able to present findings / outcomes at TSRC Annual Meeting Poster and Oral presentation.
- Submit results for publication i.e. Respiratory Care or AARC Times or other peer reviewed journals (TSRC will provide mentors to help with publishing).
- Finding is for a 1 year – project – complete within a year after receiving award.
Submission dates for the 2021 award are October 15 to November 20. The winner will be notified by end of December 2020 and will receive a formal award from Tommy Rust during 2021 TSRC Annual Conference and Exhibition. The project is to be complete by end of December 2021, and results presented during the 2022 TSRC Annual Conference and Exhibition.