Everyone likes a little competition, so to celebrate Respiratory Care Week 2015 (October 25-31, 2015), the TSRC will be holding a Membership Referral Competition. We would like to see our members grow their state society by promoting membership to their friends and co-workers in the field of Respiratory Care.
Here is how it will work:
You, the current member, will refer your friends and co-workers in the field of respiratory care to join the TSRC through our online member registration. During the registration process, there will be a "Referred By" field where they will enter your name (First and Last). At the end of Respiratory Care Week, we will tally up the referrals and distribute some great prizes!
Here are the rules:
1. Only online registrations beginning midnight October 25 to midnight October 31, 2015 will be counted toward the referral competition.
2. Expired members signing up as a new member through the online registration process will not count unless they have been expired for more than 2 years. In which case, they will be issued a new TSRC number and counted as a new member. Those who are expired for less than 2 years will not be counted toward the referrals, but will have their old account credited as a renewal.
3. Individuals registering, but not completing the membership payment will not be counted toward the referral competition.
4. Referrals of Student and active Military memberships will not be counted toward the referral competition.
5. Any individual registering as an "Active" level member must provide their AARC at the time of registration for it to be counted toward the membership referral competition.
6. Current members of the State and Regional Board of Directors are excluded from winning prizes, but are more than welcome to participate.
Here are the prizes:
1. The member with the most overall referrals throughout the state will win an Apple iPad Air 2 (minimum of 25 referrals needed).
2. The member from each region with the most overall referrals will win an Apple iPad 2 mini (minimum of 20 referrals needed).
3. The member from each region with the second most overall referrals will win free admission to the 2016 State Convention and Exhibition in Arlington, Texas, as well as 2 night hotel accommodations at the host hotel. (minimum 15 referrals needed. You will be responsible for travel to and from the event.)
4. The member from each region with the third most overall referrals will win free registration to the 2016 State Convention and Exhibition in Arlington, Texas. (minimum of 10 referals needed, hotel and travel to and from the event not included.)
5. Any member with at least 5 referrals will receive 1 year of free membership.
The TSRC News is a quarterly publication of the TSRC designed to share information about activities and achievements in the field of respiratory care from across the state.
We have been notified by the Office of Governor Abbott applications are now being accepted for those individuals interested in sitting on the newly formed Texas Board of Respiratory Care. The Texas Board of Respiratory Care will be the advisory board to the Texas Medical Board in regards to RCP Licensure in Texas beginning in 2017. This board was formed by the passage of S.B. 202, the legislation we have been fighting for over the last year in order to continue RCP licensure in Texas. It will consist of 9 members: 4 RCPs, 2 physicians, and 3 members of the public. It is critical for the indiviuals who are appointed to this board be ready and willing to do all that is necessary to move our profession forward in the great state of Texas. The following links were provided to us by the Governor's Appointment Office
CLICK HERE to read all the specifics about the Texas Board of Respiratory Care (begins in Subchaper A-1, about 2/3 through the document)
CLICK HERE to see the process for appointment
CLICK HERE to submit your application for appointment.
If you would like additional information on the process for appointment, you can contact:
Morgan Stewart in the Governor's Appointment Office at 512-463-1828.
The previous call for nominations for the 2015-2016 Board of Directors yielded an insufficient number of nominees to conduct the election. After discussion by and pursuant to the directive of the membership from the Annual Business Meeting held July 10, 2015 at the State Convention in Houston, Texas, the call for nominations is being reopened. The Membership also directed a proposed Bylaws change to go to a two year term. As such, nominations for the following offices are still being sought.
- Vice President
- Regional Presidents to include:
- Central Region
- Northwest Region
- South Region
- Southwest Region
The intent of the proposed Bylaws change is to align the TSRC with both the AARC and the sessions of the Texas Legislature. Once fully implemented, the newly elected officers will spend their "elect" year being oriented/mentored into their role. This will help to ensure continuity in BOD transitions, which is essential for the organization.